Gain real world experience with a great organization. Join Libre.
Are you interested in putting your skills to work for a great cause? The Libre Initiative has a great opportunity for you! Libre, a non-partisan non-profit, seeks to fill an internship position for the communications department. The mission of the organization is to advance economic freedom principles (limited government, free trade, free enterprise) across the U.S. Hispanic/Latino communities. The intern will report directly to the communications director.
- Provide administrative support to the communications department by scheduling meetings, coordinating travel, and processing accounting requests as needed.
- Aid the communications department in the development of content for social media and blogs.
- Prepare reports, presentations, memorandums, proposals, and correspondence.
- Assist the communications department in monitoring and researching news relevant to Hispanic/Latino communities.
- Compile relevant media clips and post content through social media outlets.
- Assist with booking media interviews for Libre designated spokespeople.
- Working knowledge of fiscally conservative issues is preferred but not required
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Comprehensive skills in Microsoft Office Suite and media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook
- Experience with WordPress or CMS preferred
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information
- Detail-oriented, organized, and committed to excellence
- Should be pursuing a college degree